[78-L] 150 ET's records for sale, Tacoma WA

Dennis Flannigan dennis.flannigan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 08:34:43 PDT 2010

These were available two days ago, and I doubt they're moving too quickly.

Rocket Records, a vinyl repository of good record stock in Tacoma,
Washington recently picked up about 150, 16" transcriptions. I bought a few,
but it's too much work to record them, so they're generally not picked over.
What seemed interesting to me were, probably 20, MacGregor ETs by Arizona
Joe, some locally (Seattle & Boston) productions of what must have been
radio dramas. An Arizona Joe (real name unknown) obit appeared years ago in
the the Tacoma News Tribune/ I failed to cut it out, but do have the Arizona
ET's from a long ago purchase. He was well known in the 1940s and perhaps
early fities in the Northwest.

Much of the others are Thesaurus recordings, but plenty to look at. Not much
Armed Forces stuff. He would certainly make a deal for the lot of them. I
purchased several Fields and Hall items, a few Hawaiian music
transcriptions, and realized others might find more archival gold.

Rocket Records, corner of 6th Avenue and Proctor Street, Tacoma, WA

Happy hunting. Dennis Flannigan