[78-L] Corrosion, was Re: [ToNY] NY Times article and video about the Bill Savory collection

Doug Pomeroy audiofixer at verizon.net
Tue Aug 17 14:59:48 PDT 2010

Mike,

The corroded areas are so badly damaged that cleaning does
not help - the grooves are completely obliterated in many places.

I do use Noxon which removes a few molecules of tarnish, and
I think a nice shiny groove is a little bit less noisy than one which
has not been polished.

But there's no magic bullet.

DOug

> Message: 17
> Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 04:39:07 -0400
> From: Michael Biel <mbiel at mbiel.com>
> Subject: Re: [78-L] [ToNY] NY Times article and video about the Bill
> 	Savory collection
> To: 78-L Mail List <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
> Cc: LBiel <l.biel at verizon.net>

<SNIP>

> I also see why Doug asked us how we would clean uncoated aluminum.
> What
> did you find that worked, Doug?
>
> Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com
>

>>> CC: ToastOfNewYork at yahoogroups.com