[78-L] Hot Five rediscovered

Hans en Corrie koerthchkz at zeelandnet.nl
Sun Aug 8 01:08:53 PDT 2010

The Night Watch or The Militia Company of Captain Frans Banning Cocq by the
Dutch 17th Century painter Rembrandt or the Mona Lisa or La Gioconda from
Leonardo Da Vinci (some people even visit Paris to catch a glimpse of her)
belong to the world treasures of arts - no doubt about that. But what about
the treasures in Jazz? What bands or tunes should be inside the Hall of
Fame? Well, Louis Armstrong's Hot Five and Hot Seven records should - No
doubt about that. I rediscovered these wonderful played tunes thanks to a
4CD Columbia album entitled The Best of Louis Armstrong: The Hot Five and
Hot Seven Recordings. I was amazed to learn that so many (most contemporary)
jazz collectors don't know the beauty of these 85 year old recordings. What

Some Like It Hot: The Hot Five rediscovered:
<http://keepswinging.blogspot.com/> http://keepswinging.blogspot.com

Hans