[78-L] Unplayable laminated pressings

Thatcher Graham thatcher at mediaguide.com
Mon Aug 2 07:47:33 PDT 2010

Now you're thinking what I'm thinking.
My first concern was that an active vacuum with a rate of cfm would
generate the friction from the air movement.  That could generate
vibration, and conduct through to the cartridge adding noise to the
transfer.  I've also considered a suction cup inside the platter could
be used, or maybe just a very low cfm once the desired flatness is
achieved. It seems surprisingly feasible.

--
Thatcher Graham
Senior Field Engineer

>>> 78-L at klickitat.78online.com