[78-L] "Victor" embossed on the reverse record... ?

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 06:48:26 PDT 2010

This has been mentioned here before. I believe it was Mike Biel who
informed us that the pressing process would go better, the vinyl flowed
better, if the blank side was not actually blank, hence the design. In
some cases you may find a record without a design, but with one long
continuous silent groove.

I do not remember if this was said to be true of shellac as well. In the
case of early 78s with a recording angel on the blank side, I believe it
may simply have been "advertising"?

joe salerno