[78-L] Unplayable laminated pressings

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Aug 2 07:32:54 PDT 2010

As far as I know, these sides have been reissued on CD from playable copies. Aside from the slow speed playback solution, I'd probably be safer removing the laminate dry. There are already a few bubbles under the surface, and those of us who had those kiddie records in the 40s probably remember peeling the surface off those..I've certainly seen enough of those discs where only the picture remains.

dl