[78-L] Unplayable laminated pressings

Thatcher Graham thatcher at mediaguide.com
Mon Aug 2 07:28:29 PDT 2010

Cardboard like paper is made from wood pulp, while binders may be water
soluble, cellulose is not. You'd need something more like Sodium
Hydroxide to really dissolve it and maybe even some mechanical action.
Anything strong enough to really destroy the cardboard could possibly
eat the laminate.

I think it's safer to attempt to make a copy.  I was actually thinking
the other day that adequate suction to temporarily straighten warped
discs.

--
Thatcher Graham
Senior Field Engineer