[78-L] 78 Album Sets outside the US & Canada

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 08:21:18 PDT 2010

In fact, the first Ted Heath sides issued in the US consisted of The London
Suite, a set of three 10" 78s of themes written by Fats Waller. The liner
notes clearly state this. This was issued here in 1948.

I can also attest that at least some of the albums themselves were printed
here. I once had the Carousel original cast set, and discovered that there
was another cover below the Carousel cover. Curiosity got the best of me, so
I tore the Carousel cover off to discover the cover to an album of Ansermet
and the Suisse Romande performing Stravinsky's Petrouchka.

Jeff Sultanof