[78-L] Columbia C3918...

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Thu Jul 29 05:00:07 PDT 2010

Sherman & Nauck call this the "gold band" label type, as successor of the Magic Notes label.
When the magic notes label was started for double-sided discs, Columbia introduced
new series with letter prefixes: A, E (ethnic), also C & H "(used primarily on imported and
foreign language recordings)" and S (orig. on export Spanish selections).

Poss. your record C-3918 is just too late for a 2-letter printing date code.
I have several similar images; for ex. C-3864, mx 82573, with date IW,
and a flag label pressing of C-3852, mx 82840.

Regrettably I did never give my images of the later red label Canadian Columbias a country code,
and now these C-series are totally mixed up. And there were also European C series....

Han Enderman
===
>>> Just found the record in a bunch of discs I bought from Lehman...!
Has a typical "bar" label (like A2xxx/3xxx discs)...but the titles are in
Spanish and the matrix numbers NOT in the usual Co series of
that period.

Anybody know what this "C-" series was? Were they meant for sale in Cuba?

Discographic details:

82891=?  BANDA COLUMBIA                LA GRACIA DE ANDALUCIA
93007=?  BANDA COLUMBIA                LA CITA

Steven C. Barr