[78-L] ADBDiscography

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jul 28 17:23:19 PDT 2010

L78rpm at aol.com wrote:
> I own the earlier two-volume set and now the five-volume edition recently
> published.  I don't want to dispose of the earlier set but would retire it
> to a remote bookcase if everything in it is duplicated in the current
> edition.
>
> Is there a good reason to have both editions at hand, or will the new
> edition cover everything in the old, and equally well?
>
> Paul Charosh
There is an anomaly thrown up by the new edition. It doesn't include
black bands on the assumption that they are all of a jazz nature, and
included elsewhere. However, the Henry Wells Decca session of February
27, 1940, which was included in Rust's ADBD is omitted from the new
edition because it is a black band. I have Decca 3134, which is not
jazz, but I haven't heard 3073. So it appears this session is now in limbo.

Echoes of that Sonny Boy Williams Decca session?

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5321 (20100728) __________

http://www.eset.com