[78-L] ADBDiscography

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 11:30:09 PDT 2010

L78rpm at aol.com wrote:
> I own the earlier two-volume set and now the five-volume edition recently
> published.  I don't want to dispose of the earlier set but would retire it
> to a remote bookcase if everything in it is duplicated in the current
> edition.
>
> Is there a good reason to have both editions at hand, or will the new
> edition cover everything in the old, and equally well?
>
> Paul Charosh
I have the new set and, as far as I can tell, it includes everything
from Rust's version, often in greater detail. There is a lot more,
including bands that didn't make it into Rust's (e.g. Lang
Thompson--why?). There are errors, some of which are not of a
discographical nature, and some things I don't agree with (e.g. Eddy
Duchin's four versions of "A Cousin In Milwaukee" are still in need of
sorting out). There are copious pseudonym listings, some running to 20
pages.

Also included are press reports about recording sessions that have not
been traced, but could provide future researchers with clues for further
investigation.

Included is an artists' index and a title (not song), index.

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5315 (20100726) __________

http://www.eset.com