[78-L] ADBDiscography

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Mon Jul 26 11:13:08 PDT 2010

I haven't compared listings but it seems that the new edition does indeed render the original superfluous. I keep both sets of the Jazz Records book because of the difficulty in looking things up in the new edition, but the ADBD is rich with appropriate indexes and is easy to read (all pages have headers! - what a concept...) So I've relegated my old set to the garage where I can use it there if I need it. It's always nice to have two sets of books that I use a lot handy since all my books and computer equipment are in one room while the 78s are kept in another.

Cary Ginell