[78-L] La-Patrie Label

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Thu Jul 22 06:21:59 PDT 2010

I have only 2 images of a La-Patrie label. Blue with gold, and eagle logo.
Company name is La Patrie Disc Francais, Lawrence, Mass.
An image of 12038 is at
http://recordlabels2.blogspot.com/2008/09/patrie.html
(pres. copied from another website, but not known which one).
The other image is of 12055 by J.R. Tremblay.
The label is not pictured in ARLIE.

Han Enderman
===

From: "Gregg Kimball" <gdkimball at cox.net>
> I just found a record on a label that I hadn't encountered.  It's a
> Lawrence, Mass., label called La-Patrie.   The record is Jos. Vermette, O.
> Laurin, et R. Deschambault,  performing Reel Canadien / Reel Ecossais.  I
> have the same sides on Columbia 34017-F (817-1, 818-1), and I'm pretty
> sure
> this is from a Compo-Starr master.  Am I correct?
> Anything known about this label? Did they mostly recycle Starr material?

I suspect there may have been either two separate labels using that
name...or two versions of the label...?! I had previously seen references
to a Compo label of that name (which may be what you have?)...however
I own several "La Patrie" records which would appear to have NO
connection with the Compo firm. They were from new england, and
MAY have been from Lawrence?

And, yes, Columbia DID use Compo sides on their "French-Canadian"
ethnic series (34xxx-F IIRC); Compo cut a bunch of these sides for
issuance on their Starr (eventually "Apex Francais") label for
the Quebecois market.

Steven C. Barr
<<<