[78-L] 78 database

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Jul 6 22:25:39 PDT 2010

Now to explain my methods a bit further...!

I enter dates in yyyymmdd format (i.e. 19250622 for June 22, 1925).
Where I don't have exact data, i substitute 99...thus 19259999 would
indicate "sometime in 1925, but I don't know the month or day."
This allows unknown dates to wind up at the end of years or months
when I sort on date fields. Given the fact that I use my own "Dating
Guide" I can usually estimate dates within a month or two (as well
the Abrams Files usually show estimated dates with similar accuracy).
A TOTALLY unknown date would be entered as19999999.

Steven C. Barr