[78-L] Looking for info on jukebox promo record

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Jun 10 20:56:20 PDT 2010

From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Tell him not to quit his day job. I thought it might be "Johnny Victor",
> who narrates the Mario Lanza Story on a Victor white label, but this guy
> sounds like someone out of the mailroom.  dl

This guy sounds like the two guys on a pair of Edison 30 RPM
experimentals "The Jolly Dubbers" where the dubbing engineers tried to
pretend they were making a radio program from dubbing Edison discs.
This is so artlessly done, just fading out the records at an
inappropriate point -- sounds like the 30 second samples we hear on the
web now!

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com