[78-L] Corrections for Decca 17000 Cajun series titles (forTyrone)

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Thu Jun 10 21:59:15 PDT 2010

I wouldn't be so hasty to assume that none of the translations was on the record labels. Here's my suggestion: take my list and compare it with the listings in Tony Russell's "Country Music Records." I see that most of his listings of the Cajun records have the translations also. And it appears they match mine. Get a consensus - if the translations are in both, I would say that it is safe to say that they were on the record labels. I know that I didn't borrow my information from Tony because my book came out years before his did. And I doubt that he took my research for granted either and did his own work from primary sources. As I said, most of the issues in the 17000 series that I own DO have the translations on the labels. Nearly all of the early issues from 1934-36 have them.

Cary Ginell