[78-L] Indispensable Books on my shelf (was Tony Russell)

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Jun 2 23:45:07 PDT 2010

So far most of the discussion was discography, but there are many
technical and historical books I refer to all the time, including Read &
Welch, Gelatt, Read's Recording & Reproduction of Sound (both editions),
Look for the Dog and the Victor reference book, the various label books
by Sutton, Nauck, Rust, Lotz, etc., Les Docks's books, Frow's Edison
machine books, Hazelcorn's Columbia books, Koenigsburg's patent and
Edison cylinder books, Fabrizio's books, the two Disney records books,
numerous Osborne Billboard chart books, numerous Goldmine price guides
for 45s, LPs, jazz LPs, picture sleeves, American Records, etc., and of
course my dissertation.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com