[78-L] Indispensable Books on my shelf (was Tony Russell)

Gregg Kimball gdkimball at cox.net
Thu Jun 3 04:22:07 PDT 2010

On the historical side, I enjoy Russell's Country Music Originals, Brooks's
Lost Sounds, and Kip Lornell's discography of Virginia Blues, Country, and
Gospel, because it includes short biographies and because Virginia music is
a focus of mine.

By the way, any opinions on John Minton's 78 Blues: Folksongs and
Phonographs in the American South?

Gregg