[78-L] How Bing Crosby morphed into Frank Sinatra.!!!!!! [FWD]

Martin Fenton mafenton at talktalk.net
Wed Jun 2 15:15:36 PDT 2010

David Lennick wrote:
> And the stuff that sticks to the wall is even worse. Sorry, kiddies,
> but every time I hear James Blunt coming out of the supermarket's PA
> system or the coffee shop's radio tuned to the local "easy listening"
> station I want to reach for a sharp knife. As for the "poetry" of
> rap, does anybody seriously believe there's such a thing?

Agreed, but each era has its duds. For instance - with advance apology
to his adoring fans here for the following comment - nobody has yet
managed to convince me of the genius of Eddie Cantor. His records have
much the same effect on me as anything by, say, Ice-T, but I wouldn't
begrudge anybody who enjoys either artist their right to listen to them.
Just as long as I don't have to be subjected to either.

Just my twopenn'orth.

Mart.