[78-L] Jimmie Rodgers box set

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed May 26 15:29:40 PDT 2010

David Lennick wrote:
> JSP does a lot of original production. As mentioned on another list, their two George Formby box sets are excellent..ditto their Django Reinhardt sets, both done by Ted Kendall. Unfortunately they also do some lifting, such as their Big Bill Broonzy set which has identical transfers (down to missing notes) to those on Document.
>

> dl
I think the rule-of-thumb is if they don't name the remastering
engineer, then the production is likely to be a rip-off. I think it was
Bear Family which sued him for a rip-off (can't remember which one) and
was ordered by the court to pay Bear Family so many thousand euros, but
he ignored it.

       Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5148 (20100526) __________

http://www.eset.com