[78-L] JSP box sets [was Jimmie Rodgers box set]

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed May 26 14:26:52 PDT 2010

DAVID BURNHAM wrote:
> That's JSP - they are in the Proper school of reissue hijacking. I'm certain they stole everything from the Bear Family box. Even if it's cheaper (and it probably is), you should boycott both of those companies. Deepdiscountcd has the BF set for about $100 with free shipping, but it's well worth it. It's called "The Singing Brakeman."

JSP also did Bunny Berigan and Venuti/Lang boxes but they didn't appear
to be rip-offs of the Mosaic sets, because their sound quality was
inferior to the latter.  However, they've recently done some Bessie
Smith sets, which appear to come from Frog.

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5148 (20100526) __________

http://www.eset.com