[78-L] Jimmie Rodgers box set

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Wed May 26 14:25:32 PDT 2010

Forget about any box set other than the one Bear Family put out about 15 years ago. It also has that scarce minstrel routine "Pullman Porters" featuring Rodgers and I.N. Bronsen that was never issued.

Cary Ginell

Well maybe the JSP set isn't lifted from the Bear Family one because it doesn't have "Pullman Porters".  It has 109 tracks on 5 CDs, so either one of the songs is a 2 sided one or something's missing, because I don't think they would have issued a 1 sided record.  It does include "Jimmie Rodgers visits the Carter Family" and "The Carter family and Jimmie Rodgers in Texas".  Maybe one of those was a 2 sided disc, (there are no timings on the cases and I'm not near a player).

db