[78-L] Mock Steinweiss

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat May 15 21:39:42 PDT 2010

Calling Dr. Biel! I've just found a Philharmonic album with a cover you'd swear was by Steinweiss..certainly a good imitation. Sammy Kaye's "Dusty Old Manuscripts". Kaye's name is in bright bold red minstrel-type lettering across open sheet music, the lettering tilts slightly upward, the whole thing (including a large b&w photo of Kaye) is against a blue background with thin white lines across it, and I'm sure many buyers thought they were seeing a Columbia album. Until they played the records, of course.