[78-L] Young collectors -- Go for it!

78records at cdbpdx.com 78records at cdbpdx.com
Tue May 4 09:45:33 PDT 2010

Just an observation - I've posted several music videos on YT featuring music recorded from 78 rpm records and consistantly about 10%-15% (about 500-750 daily) of the viewers were born after 1985.  Many never dreamed these old records existed and are shocked that so much good music came from them.  That's good because it shows young folks are interested in the music, but correspondence with many of them reveals that, after the initial wonder of their existence, only 1 or 2 seemed to have any interest in the records themselves, most just want mp3 copies of the music.  The good news is that young folks are listening to the music.  The bad news is they aren't impressed with the records.

The vast majority of viewers are in the 45-64 age range (like me), 65%-70%.

CDB