[78-L] Huh?

Bob Rice bobrice at snet.net
Mon May 3 07:25:39 PDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julian Vein" <julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk>
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 9:21 AM
Subject: Re: [78-L] Huh?

> Thatcher Graham wrote:
>
>> I find that music collectors just a bit younger than me don't even know
>> 78s existed.

     Yeah! I hear ya! With pretty clueless American Sheeple they never knew
electric CARS existed, in greater numbers BEFORE Henry built the Model "T"
for the masses. I deal with this quaint phenonan, every day. In that NYC had
electric TAXIS in Manhattan, in the 90's, comes as a shock, poor pun, I
know, to Modern Sheeple. They changed out the battery packs and could keep
going all day.Not many airport runs in the 90's!Penn Station was UPTOWN!  A
"Back to the Future " concept as Isrealian Investor Shai Agassi is promoting
that concept NOW!In his "Better Place" scheme.So many sheeple are CLUELESS
to stuff that they don't deal with every day!

>> Or if they do, don't understand the different between them and LPs.
>> having never played records of any kind, they recognize them by diameter
>> not material or playing speed. My interns abstain from physical media
>> entirely - downloading and sharing digital media exclusively.  They see
>> our hobby as a novelty.

   As a quaint footnote of history?

    Bob, STILL plays 78's!