[78-L] Susan Reed obit

Banjo Bud banjobud at cfl.rr.com
Sun May 2 07:37:27 PDT 2010

I personally do not believe for a moment that our vast collection
(accumulation?) of old 78's is in any danger as we leave this world behind.
I think the age of the collector is irrelevant.  For instance, I was not
even a twinkle in my daddy's eye when Billy Murray recorded "Indianola,"  or
when Silas Leachman belted out "Ain't Dat A Shame," but I treasure these
items greatly.  And so do my sons!  After all, as time goes by, these
recordings only get rarer, and there will always be those that revere the
songs and singers of yore.  Yes, and the horse they rode in on!  I feel that
there are many more collectors of the old disks today than there were in my
somewhat jaded youth, and I firmly believe that there will be even more in
the future.

Just my thoughts.

Bud