[78-L] Susan Reed obit

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat May 1 19:29:50 PDT 2010

From: "Cary Ginell" <soundthink at live.com>
> I fail to understand the relevance of this to a simple obituary of a folk
> singer...Take a cold shower.
> Cary Ginell

It just happened to coincide in a time-related sense...?! NO offense (well,
maybe
some...?!) intended! The folk singer was evidently an "icon" of the
1950's...the
era of my youth...and that fact reminded me of (1) my long-lost youth (and
my age...?!) as well as the fact that I share both with many/most of the
"listeners" of 78-L!

I'm still waiting for coherent thoughts about the impending demises of
the majority of us 78-ophiles...and what will become of the VERY many
78 collections once their "proprietors" have "gone to see Jesus"...?!

This is, or SHOULD be, very important to us 78-L folks...whether or not
it relates to the message to which I replied...?!

Steven C. Barr