[78-L] Bessie Smith 1926 Test Pressing

bruce78rpm at comcast.net bruce78rpm at comcast.net
Wed Apr 28 06:54:50 PDT 2010

A very good friend of mine, and longtime 78rpm Collector, passed away recently. I just came from his widows house, and went through some of the remnants of his collection, much of which he had already sold off a few years ago. She needs to raise some funds, and I will be selling off in the coming weeks the few records that may have some value. The cream of the crop appears to be a 1926 Bessie Smith Columbia test pressing of Baby Doll which I will be posting on Ebay this coming Saturday. I will also be putting it up on Youtube and provide the link as part of the listing. So let any of your early jazz and blues collector friends know of this impending listing.I will also let 78list know what I have it posted and provide the link. All proceeds will go to help out my good friends widow.

Thanks,

Bruce