[78-L] HERITAGE Records

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 23 19:41:10 PDT 2010

Heritage also put out an album of W. C. Handy reminiscing (reissued on Mark 56). The John Carradine album had the same number on both Heritage and AA, the reissue still says "Audio Archives" in the liner notes, and the back cover also says HERITAGE LPPD 100 FORMERLY AUDIO ARCHIVES. Matrix numbers are JC1 and JC 2 and the masters were cut by Peter Bartok. "Copyright 1953 Heritage" appears on the label. That designation shows up on later issues as well, even though by 1955 they were recording show music.

dl