[78-L] Alvino Rey and The Kings

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 18:10:34 PDT 2010

I have a few of the Sauter scores for McKinley and am getting others. I've
used "Hangover Square" with high school and college ensembles; students love
this music. When these pieces were written (1946) musicians had a hard time
playing them. One ensemble I led sight-read "Hangover Square." It blew me
away!

Jeff Sultanof