[78-L] Alvino Rey and The Kings

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 16:41:17 PDT 2010

What of Haymer's solo on Kyser's "Bell Bottom Trousers" with the Popeye the Sailor and Olive Oyl impression?Who were the Pickens Sisters?The only recording I ever had of "Cement Mixer" was a red
label Majestic by Jimmie Lunceford.I believe Joe Thomas was the tenor soloist on it.I did have Lunceford's
"Margie" with Trummy Young" also on a red label Majestic but I haven't seen it in years.It was also on a
big band boxed set as well.Speaking of which,are any of those boxed sets like "The Great Band Era" on
Reader's Digest worth any money?I've got three sets of them plus a boxed set of Tommy Dorsey and Glenn
Miller and one set of various big bands.