[78-L] National Records

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 5 16:37:54 PDT 2010

Eckstine was not a good valve trombonist in the least.His recording of "Blues" on National featured a boring vocal.Kenny "Pancho" Hagood was far worse judging from the recordings he made with Miles
on Capitol(The Birth of the Cool).I did like Eckstine's National recording of "My Silent Love" from late
1946.