[78-L] National Records

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Apr 5 11:28:00 PDT 2010

Geoffrey Wheeler wrote:
> Two of my least favorite singers are Eckstine and Sarah Vaughn. I have
> wondered over the years if Vaughn picked up here viral vibrato as a
> result of singing with Eckstine or the two infected one another.

I assume your path must have crossed Martin Williams once in a while.
Since you are still among the living, I also assume that Martin did not
ever catch wind of your disdain for Sarah Vaughn.  Fortunately I was
armed with a tripod when he suspected me of thinking her performances
were not "serious music".

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com