[78-L] Record shipping question

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Mon Apr 5 07:49:24 PDT 2010

On shipping records: My advice would be don’t trust to luck. Send them
in at least two boxes, perhaps three if you really want to be cautious.
I once received two record boxes of about 20 records each from a
well-known auction seller and every record in both boxes had an
identical  broken slice. This included a number of E+ and N- records
that took me YEARS to find again. On the other hand, I once received a
box of records from another well-known record seller that was so poorly
packed as to be unbelievable. Much to my astonishment, not a single
record was cracked or broken. I’m sure anyone who receives records by
mail has similar stories to tell. Bottom line: Best to be safe than
sorry!