[78-L] my first Monarch (Early Sleeves?)

Matthew Duncan recordgeek334578 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 28 08:32:58 PDT 2010

I would think stitched card sleeves with no details on is how these records were delivered to stores and then some stores would print details on the sleeves or have their own sleeves made.

This is just a theory...also in England, many card covers simply bore the term "Gramophone Record" around the hole area on the sleeve and these were either stitched or taped up at the edges and these housed records during the 1900 to 1920 period before shop covers really took off.

Matthew Duncan.