[78-L] ARSC

H D Goldman thedoctor at discdoc.com
Tue Mar 23 15:49:36 PDT 2010

Hi David,

Parking in & around the Quarter is a bit of a nightmare & I wouldn't expect any non-metered handicapped parking.  A block & a 1/4 from Canal & Bourbon, on Iberville should be parking garages on both sides of the street.  The over indulged have been known to leave one & enter the other !  Try calling the hotel for current alternatives.

On Mar 23, 2010, at 1:55 PM, DAVID BURNHAM wrote:

> Well not being very fussy about where I stay - as long as there's a bed and a shower, I booked at the Motel 6 for $46 per night.  It's about 7 kms from the Chateau Bourbon but I can drive for a few minutes and pay a lot less than $129.  Being a pensioner and a senior, I'm still hoping I can actually pull the funds together to make the trip.
>
> Does anyone know what the Handicap pass parking situation is in N.O.?  In Ontario it varies greatly from city to city.  In Toronto, I can park anywhere that is signed as parking prohibited, any metered space without paying and any time limited space without worrying about the time limit.  However, I found out that in such Ontario cities as Stratford, Kitchener, London and Parry Sound, they are far stricter and the pass only allows you to park in designated spots which are metered and the meter must be fed.
>
> db

H D Goldman Lagniappe Chemicals Ltd.
PO Box 37066 St. Louis, MO 63141 USA
v/f 314 205 1388 thedoctor at discdoc.com