[78-L] misc. questions on records

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 20:38:54 PDT 2010

Many questions arise as a result of a recent acquisition.

Radiex 2161 "i'd go a long long way for you"/"follow the swallow"
Charles Dale orch

Any guess at a record date?

There were also a few labeled "Radiex recorded by grey gull"
4148 Dream of a Miner's Child/She was Bred in ol' Kentucky (light blue lalb)

2206 Shirley/Brown Eyes (creme lbl)

2432 Sonny Boy/When You're Dancing 'neath the Dixie Moon

Madison - a lbl I've never encountered before, and now 2ce in 2 days

5097 I'm in Love with Someone/Go Home and Tell Your Mother (Lou Gold)

6000 3 Little Words/Wonderful One

American Record Co. 031299 Wait Till the Sun Shines Nellie/
This is SF pressed on blue shellac. The specific info is rubber stamped
on the label. Guess at the date?

On the flip, there is a circle with 70 in the middle of it. What does
this signify?

Victor 2541 Grand Prize   Uncle Josh on an Automobile
Date please?

Standard (sml hole) 3784 SF. Someday When Dreams Come True (tenor)
A guess at a date?

Here's a Columbia I've never encountered. It says Columbia Dance Record
at the top. Maxixe 39331. Kentucky Babe 19104. This is another
advertising record.

=========

Who was the Duchess of the Keyboard? I acquired her playing Confrey on a
London promo 78.

Perfect 14829 Spring Beutiful Spring/Charmaine    Harry Barth's orch.

There is a circle with an E inside of it. Does this mean it is electric?

Harry Reser on 40092    Lollypops/Easy Goin'. It looks like he sings
tenor, plays banjo. I haven't listened yet. And on Brunswick 2791 Reser
is credited as one of Radio Twins. Along with Phil Ohlman. When did
Reser start with a bandband?

Columbia a1156 10". Prince's Band but  the slection name is gone as
someone enlarged the center hole to almost 45 rpm size

On the flip is United Record label, the specifics are rubber stamped
a1156 America-Overtures on National Airs   band

I have never encountered a 78 with different record company labels on
the 2 sides. What was the reason for this?

Standard disc record with slightly larger hole 3/4" or 5/8"
A896 bass solo Asleep in the Deep/In a Hundred Fathoms Deep

Victor 20670 Bernardo de Pace mandolin and piano on a scroll. Were there
other mandolin solo early electrics? This is my first.
Neapolitan Caprice by de pace, flip is Souvenir Barcarolle Humoresque

I found a Columbia record Grand Prize reproduction - cardboard
laminated, very lightweight and obviously from late in the 78 era.

You're a Grand 'ol Rag Columbia 3388 Billy Murry. When was this recorded?

Gennett 5020 Down in Maryland/Lovelight in Your Eyes  Cal Smith American
Orch

Gennett 5211 March of the Siamese/Love  Biltmore Hotel Orch w.
Hazay Natzy director

Gennett 11000  Art Tone on the top of the label in smaller letters.
Souvenir   Helren Ware, violin w. piano
The flip is Lo,hHear the Gentle Lark  Caroline Andrews sop with orch
I did not know there were classical releases on this label. Were there
other classical or light classical releases?

Imperial Record 44418   crown and purple drape  SF
Life's Dream is Over  mixed duet
Another label I've not seen. Quite attractive IMO. Can someone supply or
guess at a date?

Star record #71 - a star of David is over the words. I don't know the
symbols around the hole, maybe letters of some kind. SF. Faust Serenade
by Berlioz, sung in Italian with orch. Got a date?

Favorite Record - DF. This one says on the label just under the label
name Ser. 347. Towel Man/Drug Stores  1-67195 & 1-67196   Harry Bluff
Another one that's new to me. Date pls?

That's a lot for one post but I figured yall could handle it and I would
get it over with in one click

joe salerno