[78-L] Rust as critic

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 15 21:13:00 PDT 2010

Hey, lots of people covered Three Little Fishies. Doesn't make either song
worthy of sitting beside Mozart's 40th. "My Happiness" is one of those songs
that's so imbecilically simple, despite the cockeyed rhythm typical of
sh*tkicker songwriters who don't know which end of the outhouse is up, that
anybody thinks he can sing it.

Yes I think the song is crap. And I can't get it out of my head.

dl

Royal Pemberton wrote:
> Even Lena Zavaroni recorded it!
>
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 1:55 AM, Ju Smee <jusmee123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I like Connie's stuff too.   My Happiness was certainly covered by many.
>> Even Elvis had a go  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unoX2CUaEXM
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 10:58 AM, RAY KILCOYNE <kil at roadrunner.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Just to point out how people are different, I 've always liked the song.
>>> You can't beat the Connie Francis version, but I grew up on the Jon &
>>> Sondra
>>> recording.