[78-L] Rust as critic

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 21:04:16 PDT 2010

I had the Connie Francis/David Rose version but I did the reverse of the record,"Never Before" as a trumpet solo.I also did another one of her tunes from a 1964 MGM album called "Connie Francis Sings
Italian Hits".I can't remember that actual name of the song save on of the lines translated in English was "This Dreamy World We Live In".I performed it as a Coleman Hawkins style tenor sax solo ala "Body and
Soul"-the 1939 Bluebird version.Her 1956-7 MGM flop,"Goody Good Bye" I did as an up tempo take off
of a 1945 Georgie Auld live performace of "I Gotta Right to Know" which was his theme song.I also did her 1963 MGM hit "Be Anything But Me Mine"-a hit for Eddy Howard in '53 on Mercury-on alto sax a la
Jimmy Dorsey's "So Rare" from '57."Goody Good Bye" I did that one on tenor sax.