[78-L] Your 78's--WAS: Talking Machine World and / or Review

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Mar 2 17:18:41 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erwin Kluwer" <ekluwer at gmail.com>
>I am not worried. I assure you in 50 years most of your "rare
> rockabilly/blues/cajun 45s and jazz/blues/country, etc !"  will archiev
> Museum Status!!

This, however, assumes that (1) the "up and coming" generation of young
people will still be interested in, and enjoy the music of the mid-20th
century (NOT a "given"...and further, that museums and institutions will
be purchasing (or inheriting) collections of 78rpm phonorecords fifty
years from now...?!

Steven C. Barr
(note that this also assumes that players for "coarse-groove" [.003"]
records will still be available...?!)