[78-L] Your 78's--WAS: Talking Machine World and / or Review

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Mon Mar 1 10:29:25 PST 2010

I think there will always be people interested in owning and cherishing "old
stuff".  I did not grow up in the 20s  (born in 1947) or the big band era
really but I like the music and enjoy owning original recordings, but I am
primarily a collector/repairer of antique (mainly wind-up) phonographs.
People today are still interested in collecting furniture and art from the
1500s or earlier up to modern times.  I don't think this will change.  Your
rare rockabilly will be even rarer in 50 years.  There will be people who
love it and want to own original material.  I can go to redhotjazz.com and
probably find a nice file of "Hello Lola" to listen to whenever I want but
that didn't stop me from spending c.$20 to get  a really nice copy from a
collector in Oz.   Collect, enjoy, protect and pass it on.

Ron L