[78-L] KKK records

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Feb 28 15:51:05 PST 2010

Bertrand CHAUMELLE wrote:
> Sorry, but I don't own a copy of 'Mein Kampf", I've never read it.
> However, I know it's an evil book. Can you explain that ?

Because of second hand information and knowledge of what resulted from
those who followed his teachings.  But the book itself is not evil, many
of the ideas are.  But if you read some of it you will see that these
evil thoughts are couched in perfectly calm and logical arguements.  It
is quite unlike what you expect.  Reading it give you an understanding
of how this madman was able to enthrall and pervert a nation.

> I don't want to buy any KKK 78 either. But I know they're bad. Prof.
> Biehl said that he never listened to the songs, but he 'thinks' that
> they are less offensive than some 45s from the 'sixties. How come ?

Because of the song titles and because I don't think it is humanly
possible to be more offensive than the Johnny Rebel records.  Do a
google search on Johnny Rebel and look at the Wikipedia  article on him,
and then go to the Dizzler.com page where you can hear some of this
bilge for yourself.  (I will not give the URLs.)  I haven't  listened to
any of this for maybe forty years, and I'm not sure if I ever listened
all the way through any of them.  But you don't even need to listen to
know what they will be like -- the titles tell it all.

I can't repeat the Johnny Rebel titles, but the Gennett KKK titles are
things like "The Mystic City", "We Belong to the Ku Klux Klan", "The
Klansman's Friend", "The Bright Fiery Cross", "American Our Noble Land",
"Daddy Swiped Our Last Clean Sheet and Joined the Klan". "Why I Am A
Klansman", "The Stuttering Klansman". "The Lkansman and the Rain", etc.
Fairly unoffensive titles.
> If you want to give children a lesson in history, burn those KKK
> records in front of them.
>
> That's my opinion, and if you think I'm 'doomed to repeat the past',
> you have the right to think so.
>
> BC

You would be repeating history yourself and proving it to your children
that what you have learned from history are some of its worst
incidents.  When tyrants want to aggrandize themselves and wipe out the
past they disagree with, they burn the books.  It is a truly
reprehensible symbol, and I am surprised to hear an intelligent person
suggesting such a foul deed.  Burning the history of the past will not
stop it, it only leaves you and your children ignorant and defenseless.

But history is repeating itself  It may happen sooner than you think.
Back in the 1920s those people ran candidates for public office and some
of them won.  The Indiana Klan was a major political force.  Indiana.
Not the deep South.  Indiana.  The Klan had more influence in the
North!  We are seeing it happen again.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com