[78-L] Research Question: Jim Walsh

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Feb 24 10:02:22 PST 2010

Steven C. Barr wrote:

> some well-meaning (?!) friends decided
> to "clean up my premises"...! Sadly, the
> rest of the world remains convinced that they need to "reform" us "pack
> rats"...?! FEH!!!
>
> Steven C. Barr

A few years ago I heard a public radio program discussing "clutter" in a
medical series about the brain.  They claimed that people who live in
clutter show some different brain waves than "normal" people.  They
found a guy to "declutter" and they sent in a professional.  The clutter
that she dumpstered included an archive of the life work of a theatrical
director and designer who had, among other things, done the designs and
arrangements for all of JFK's inaugural balls and broadway musicals.
While listening to the descriptions of what she was doing while she was
"decluttering" it became evident that she was an obsessive-compulsive
neat freak.  Everything in its place.  Books arranged by color and size.
But THAT seemed normal to them, so they didn't speculate on checking HER
brainwave pattern!

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com