[78-L] Billy Byers

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Mon Feb 22 16:06:21 PST 2010

I don’t recall when it happened, but the first time I could actually
compare the covers of the RCA Billy Byers Jazz workshop and Manny Albam
Jazz Workshop albums, I noted how similar they were. The poses were
similar. Both men wore glasses. It looked like RCA photographed the
same person but from different angles. I greatly enjoyed these and
other Jazz Workshop albums that RCA issued in the ’50s. Both Byers and
Albam were musicians I paid attention to in the ’50s.
Geoffrey.