[78-L] FW: Looking for a 1951 Columbia

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Feb 18 00:58:40 PST 2010

David Lewis wrote:
> Apologies for cross posting; anyone willing to make this track available to Professor Murchison please contact her off list.
>
> Uncle Dave Lewis
> uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
>

> I'm looking for a 78 recording, Bailey Gospel Singers "I Got a Savior" (B-Side: "Jesus is the Searchlight") (Columbia Records, 1951). I teach courses in African American music, including gospel music,
> and research in this area. I would like to locate, and if possibly,
> acquired phonoduplication of this 78. I have exhausted all commercial
> sources, as this is no longer in print nor available as a reissue. The
> Recorded Sound Collection at NYPL is unable to locate the item,
> although it is listed in their catalogue.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Gayle Murchison
>

> Associate Professor
> Department of Music and Africana Studies Program
> The College of William and Mary
> Williamsburg, VA 23187
>

> gmmurc at wm.edu

Ty lists the following:

30240	BAILEY GOSPEL SINGERS	I'VE GOT A SAVIOR	CO45097	-	-	12/??/50
30240	BAILEY GOSPEL SINGERS	JESUS IS THE SEARCHLIGHT	45200	-	-	01/??/50

So now you have a catalogue number.

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4875 (20100217) __________

http://www.eset.com