[78-L] FW: Looking for a 1951 Columbia

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 17 17:48:52 PST 2010

Apologies for cross posting; anyone willing to make this track available to Professor Murchison please contact her off list.

Uncle Dave Lewis
uncledavelewis at hotmail.com

I'm looking for a 78 recording, Bailey Gospel Singers "I Got a Savior" (B-Side: "Jesus is the Searchlight") (Columbia Records, 1951). I teach courses in African American music, including gospel music,
and research in this area. I would like to locate, and if possibly,
acquired phonoduplication of this 78. I have exhausted all commercial
sources, as this is no longer in print nor available as a reissue. The
Recorded Sound Collection at NYPL is unable to locate the item,
although it is listed in their catalogue.

Thank you.

Gayle Murchison

Associate Professor
Department of Music and Africana Studies Program
The College of William and Mary
Williamsburg, VA 23187

gmmurc at wm.edu