[78-L] surface noise feedback on acoustic recordings

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Fri Feb 12 10:27:41 PST 2010

The surface noise coming off the cylinders that I have recorded upon was
minimal.  I'll have to pay more attention to what comes back out of the horn
next time.  Don't forget that the horns were pretty directional. You don't
pickup off-axis sounds unless they are powerful enough to rattle the horn
and even the on-axis sounds had to be fairly loud.

Ron L