[78-L] surface noise feedback on acoustic recordings

Vincent Fitzpatrick jvftzjvftz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 22:17:19 PST 2010

I have read an account somewhere of an acoustic recording session at
Victor--probably the one written by Caruso's daughter--which described how
the wax disc would be played back immediately, to check the balance. It
stated unequivocally that such a playback made the wax unusable as a master.
I wouldn't believe the contrary no matter who said it.