[78-L] Velvet Tone 7000 series

Tyrone Settlemier talk78s.settlemier at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 10 19:44:54 PST 2010

Actually, the reason ODP starts at 7028 is merely because I am missing
information from all earlier numbers (in 7000 sereis, that is).  I just got
#7003, so I'll include that in next month's update.

It seems to have started as a "standard" series (old time music, hymns, old
comedy routines, etc), and then a mixture of country and "race" material.
Perhaps it was Columbia's 14000 and 15000 series combined, but on a budget?

Tyrone