[78-L] Cany Anyone Identify this Singer

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 08:59:26 PST 2010

You know, when I win the lottery (if), this would be a great research
project to do. One would have to listen to hundreds of records to create a
good sampling that would mean something, which means finding the records,
trying to find any sort of sales figures (pretty hard at this point), etc.
And as you point out, there are several considerations to take into account
with regard to acoustic vs. electric. One would think that such singers as
Fields and Kaufman would have to have changed their styles 'shouting' into a
horn vs. performing into a microphone. I don't have the records to compare.
At least we have examples such as the Edison DD vs. the electrical
recordings in some cases, and the Edison museum is not far from me.

Jeff Sultanof